Cemetery - Coronavirus Statement
In response to the most recent Government guidance Thorne Cemetery will re-open from 3.00pm on Tuesday 21st April 2020 albeit on reduced opening hours as follows:
Monday to Friday – 3.00pm to 9.00pm.
Saturday and Sunday – 9.00am to 9.00pm
The government have taken a u turn on legislation to close cemeteries and crematoria burial grounds. As a consequence we have had to consider enhanced safety measures to help protect both visitors and staff alike during the Covid 19 outbreak.
The following rules will apply upon the Cemetery re-opening:
1. Social Distancing must be applied at all times. This means staying 2 meters apart from other visitors.
2. Please refrain from touching gates, railings, bins, taps and headstones whilst visiting the cemetery.
3. Please do not approach our Cemetery Staff. All enquiries relating to the Cemetery should be made to our office on 01405 818015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. No public access will be available during a funeral.
4. If people are unable to adhere to these rules we may have no choice to once again close the Cemetery to visitors.
Notwithstanding that the Cemetery will re-open Government advice is clear and that is that you should stay at home unless absolutely necessary. We do understand the desire to visit a loved ones grave however if you can refrain from doing so it will help to protect both yourself and our staff. Your loved ones grave will still be there when this is over and we feel sure that they would understand the need for you to protect yourself and others by not visiting the Cemetery at this time.
Our primary objective is to ensure our staff remain healthy and able to provide burial services as they arise. Should our staff fall ill we may struggle to provide burials in the Cemetery for a period of time.
We thank you for your kind co-operation during these challenging times.