Mayors Fund Grant Scheme
Mayor of Thorne Moorends Cllr. Susan Durant is looking for projects that have a positive impact on and benefit for local local youths. Grant awards are typically in the region of £200.00.
You can also download the application form
2023 / 2024 Rewards
- Local Resident – £149.99 Litter picking trolley
- West Road School – £19.99 Sweets for prize
- Thorne and Moorends Community – £31.65 Table tennis bats and balls
- Aftershock Dance Academy Pupils – £218.09 Show Costumes
- Artistic Spectrum – £220.00 Art Kits
- Club Thorne – £295.55 Training equipment and jackets
- Thorne Scouts – £173.99 Foldable trolley and camping kettle
- The Methodist toddler group – £198.93 Toys and wendy house
- Moorends Gala – Facepainter £240.00
- Flying Futures – Holiday club rent £150.00
- Thorne Family Support – Help towards rent £200.00
- Saturday Night Dance Group – Help towards rent £200.00
- Our Child – Play sessions at local indoor soft play £200.00
- Girl Guides – Craft items £165.10
2021 / 2022 Awards
- Thornensians Rugby Club – £236.40 – Training equipment for junior rugby.
- Thornensians Rugby Club – £248.00 – Rugby clothing and balls for girls rugby.
- Friends of Thorne Memorial Park – Gardening equipment.
- Moorends Miners Welfare Centre – Halloween Party Decorations , Games and Party Items
- Moorends Marauders Rugby Club – £225.00 – Match Balls for Rugby
2020 / 2021 Awards
- Thorne Colliery FC – £250.00 -For the provision of new match balls.
- Active Fusion – £300.00 – For the provision of delivery of a half term sport camp in Moorends.
- Moorends Marauders Rugby Club – £244.20 – For the provision of training equipment for junior players.
- Marshland Road School – £87.00 – For the provision of flowers and compost for planting project.
- Thornensians Rugby Club – £236.40 – For the provision of new training equipment and training aids to be used with the clubs junior and girls teams.
- Moorends Marauders Rugby Club – £232.98 – For the provision of catering equipment to support the club providing refreshments during training and matches.
Previous Mayors Fund Details
Cllr. Mark Houlbrook – 2019/2020
- Friends of Thorne Community Wood Grant Awarded: £114.95 – To support family activities at the woodlands 25th anniversary event.
- Join in Local Life Grant Awarded £200.00 – To support provision of materials for ‘Knit and Natter’ group in producing knitted products that are sold to raise funds for charity. The group also provides a valuable support network to its often elderly and isolated members.
- Friends of Harry Priestly House Grant Awarded £200.00 – To support the provision and creation of a sensory garden for the benefit of residents and visitors alike.
- Thorne Business Forum Grant Awarded £200.00 – For the provision of winter hanging baskets in Thorne Town Centre.
- Thorne Family Support Group Grant Awarded £181.97 – To support Christmas Disco and additional group activity materials for adults for with learning disabilities.
- Join in Local Life Grant Awarded £ 69.60 – For the provision of wrapping paper to support the wrapping of children’s Christmas presents that are delivered to families who may otherwise be unable to provide their children with a present at Christmas.
- Thorne Colliery FC Grant Awarded £200.00 – For the provision of new football goals for the Under 10 girls football team.
- Coronavirus Response Efforts £833.48 – For the provision of food aid parcels for local vulnerable people.